Courtroom Evidence I & II
Time & Location
About the Event
Register today for Courtroom Evidence I & Courtroom Evidence II. Courtroom Evidence I & Courtroom Evidence II are offered on consecutive days. You can attend either or both days and in any order (a discount is offered if you attend both days). Seating is limited for these courses as they are interactive. Only $399 for each class, or $699 if you sign up for both classes at once. Lunch and a light breakfast are provided each day at no additional charge.
ABOUT THIS TRAINING SESSION
A practical evidence and trial skills course for lawyers of all experience levels, focusing on understanding and applying the most common evidence rules and evidentiary principles applicable to jury and bench trials of all types (including civil, criminal, domestic relations, juvenile, and probate). Whether you are just starting your practice or would like a refresher on the most common evidentiary issues in trials of all types, these intensive, interactive full-day learning experiences will help you:
- Improve your trial skills in both bench and jury trials;
- Increase your confidence in the courtroom; and
- Enhance your understanding and analysis of evidence topics in motions and trial/appellate briefs.
DAY 1: COURTROOM EVIDENCE I TOPICS
- Evidentiary Procedures in the Courtroom – Roles of counsel and judge
- Relevance and Rule 403
- Authentication of Exhibits
- Social Media Issues
- Issues with Exhibits and Other Evidence Practice Pointers
DAY 2: COURTROOM EVIDENCE II TOPICS
- Character/Habit/Routine Business Practices
- Impeachment Rules and Procedures
- Opinion Witnesses - Expert and Lay Opinions
- Computer Generated Materials (Animations, Simulations, etc.)
- Ethics In Courtroom Evidence
- Registration & Light Breakfast - 8:00 to 8:30 a.m.
- Morning Session - 8:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- Lunch (provided) - 12:00 to 1:00 p.m.
- Afternoon Session - 1:00 to 4:30 p.m.
Training sessions are held throughout Alabama throughout the year.
CLE CREDIT SOUGHT
Seven hours of continuing legal education credit each day (a total of 14 hours for both days). An hour of ethics CLE credit is included in the Courtroom Evidence II course.
To register for this training session, select from one of the courses below, and purchase your ticket by clicking the "Register Now" button.
MEET YOUR INSTRUCTOR
Scott Donaldson, Instructor
Scott Donaldson has 36 years of experience in Alabama litigation, including 18 years as a circuit and appellate judge and 18 years of practice experience. He has been the trial judge or counsel in hundreds of bench trials and in over 160 jury trials. Scott has taught numerous evidence and trial skill training sessions for the Alabama Circuit/District Judges and Probate Judge Associations conferences and new judge orientation sessions; 15 multi-day advanced evidence courses to trial judges from across the country; evidence and trial skills courses for 11 state judicial associations; and evidence courses for the United States Patent Trial and Appeal Board, the ABA Tort Trial & Insurance Practice Section, and for the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA); and has taught Trial Advocacy courses for the UA Law School each semester since 2006.
Scott was formerly the Chief Judge of the Alabama Court of the Judiciary (the court that adjudicates complaints against Alabama Judicial System judges) and was on the Alabama State Bar Disciplinary Commission, a Disciplinary Panel, and the Bar Commission. He currently has an active practice as trial and appellate counsel and as a mediator, arbitrator, and private judge. www.scottdonaldson.com. He is an instructor for the 40-hour Domestic Relations mediator training course and Courtroom Evidence I & II, presented by Alabama Mediation Training.
You must cancel within 72 hours prior to the first day of the seminar to have your registration fee fully refunded. All cancellations must be received via email.
If this training session must be canceled or rescheduled, your registration fee will either be (1) refunded in full or (2) transferred to another training session.
If you have questions regarding this training session, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Courtroom Evidence I (ONLY)$399$3990$0
- Courtroom Evidence II (ONLY)$399$3990$0
- Courtroom Evidence I & II$699$6990$0